Are you ready to take your hiring efforts to the next level? If so, LinkedIn is the place to be. You need to learn how to share a job posting on LinkedIn to utilize this fantastic feature.
With over 660 million active users, you’ll have a range of talent from various industry backgrounds at your fingertips.
Moreover, job postings shared on LinkedIn have a great chance of reaching the right people quickly and easily.
But before you start posting a job on LinkedIn, there are vital steps you need to follow for the best chance of success.
In this article, I’ll go over everything from selecting the best features to editing images and videos that can draw attention to your post and give you the best chance of filling your role with top talent.
So, let’s dive in!
If you’re looking to advertise a job opening, LinkedIn may be the perfect platform to do so.
Sharing a job opening on LinkedIn is easy and doesn’t require any experience or special skills.
- Log into your LinkedIn account, hover over the “Work” icon at the top of the page, and select “Job” from the dropdown menu.
- On the next page, click “Post a Job” at the top right of your screen.
- You must choose who can view your job posting – public or for members only.
- Create your posting. Depending on the job level you’re looking to fill and the number of candidates you’d like to receive applications from, you can use a free or paid version of LinkedIn’s Recruiter Tool.
- Next, enter all the necessary information into your posting. These include the job title and description, compensation range, location, and any qualifications applicants must possess to be eligible for the position. You can also specify if remote candidates are welcome or not.
- Once all your job details are set, it’s time to publish your post. Make sure to proofread it before publishing, as this will determine how potential candidates will perceive your company and whether they want to apply.
- You can select additional features to help you stand out from similar posts (e.g., custom questions).
- Choose where you would want your post to be shared – either on your LinkedIn Company page or other relevant groups related to that particular role.
- Review your information one last time before hitting ‘Post Job’ at the bottom right corner of your page – and voila! Your job posting is now live on LinkedIn!
That’s it! You have now successfully created and shared your job posting on LinkedIn.
You can track analytics such as who viewed it and how many applicants have applied for it in the Recruiter Tool dashboard.
How to Optimize Your Job Post for Discoverability
When sharing job postings on LinkedIn, you want to ensure your post is easily discoverable.
This can be done by optimizing your post with keywords and hashtags. You also want to ensure you have a clear, concise, and captivating headline to grab the attention of potential candidates.
Adding relevant keywords to your posting can make it easier for people searching for job openings like yours on the platform.
Also, adding topical hashtags will help connect you with larger conversations around the role and industry.
Just be sure not to use too many – it’s best to stick within 2-3 topically relevant hashtags (#jobsforyou #openposition #hiring).
Your headline should entice users without overwhelming them with too many details – ideally, you’d want it to fit under 150 characters.
Additionally, make sure the headline correctly articulates the job title rather than using internal jargon or non-standard phrases (e.g., don’t use “Customer Success Champ” when “Customer Success Representative” would do).
Include a Call-to-Action
Ensure your post has a call-to-action that encourages people to pass along the posting or apply for one of the positions.
While these steps may seem straightforward now, setting aside time for optimization will ensure you reach qualified candidates on time.
It can be time-consuming to post job openings on multiple sites and social channels, but luckily with LinkedIn, you can share your job posting directly to the company page.
This ensures thousands of potential applicants see and engage with the job posting. Here’s how to do it:
Step 1: Create the Posting
First, you’ll need to create a job posting on LinkedIn—you can use the templates they provide or customize it as needed. Once your posting is ready, move on to the next step.
From there, you can share the job posting directly from your company page—click “Share” in the top right corner of the job listing.
You’ll then be given two options for sharing: “Share on Company Page” or “Share Post.”
Select “Share on Company Page” and then select your desired audience (e.g., everyone on LinkedIn, current employees, alumni) and any other relevant tags (e.g., geographic regions).
Step 3: Promote Your Post
Finally, don’t forget to promote your post! You can highlight it in a weekly email newsletter or use paid campaigns like LinkedIn Ads.
This will help ensure that even more potential applicants know about your job opening!
Feature the Role in a Sponsored Update
If you want to get even more serious about sharing and boosting your job listing, you can feature the role in a Sponsored Update.
Companies can pay to promote the job opening so that it’s seen by more of the right people, on and off LinkedIn.
Targeting a Specific Audience
Sponsored Updates let you target a specific audience, and you can refine this audience with advanced targeting options like industry, company size, and seniority level.
Plus, sponsored updates appear in both news feeds and search results on LinkedIn—so you can cast an even wider net to find your perfect candidate.
Boosting Your Posting with Video
You can also get creative by including media like videos and photos. Video is an especially great way to draw attention to your job posting.
You’ll ensure that your job posting stands out by showing potential candidates what it’s like to work at your company or explaining the role’s responsibilities with an engaging video.
So if you want to boost engagement with potential candidates by sharing your job posting on LinkedIn, get started by featuring the role in a Sponsored Update!
Have you ever considered LinkedIn groups to help you get even more reach for your job posting?
When done right, this strategy can help you increase your applicant pool beyond just your network.
Here’s how it works. First, find a group that fits the type of person you want to hire and join the group (most of them are free to join).
Once inside, start participating in the conversations, and then share your job posting when it feels natural.
Don’t be shy if a conversation is about hiring for a role related to the one you’re sharing.
Jump in with your job post and explain why it could be an excellent fit for one of their members.
Also, remember that while sharing your job post can be helpful, oversharing posts in a group can cause members to ignore or feel overwhelmed by them.
To make the most of this strategy without oversharing, consider adding some variety, such as:
- Commenting on existing discussions
- Sharing additional resources
- Asking questions to understand the need better
- Adding relevant industry updates
- And only then mention any job opportunities
By following this strategy, you can create a more positive experience for members and increase the chances of getting your job postings noticed by the right people!
Amplifying Your Post With Employee Advocacy
If you want to supercharge your job posting on LinkedIn, it’s worth encouraging your current employees to share the post with their networks.
After all, there’s nothing like a personal endorsement from somebody who already works for your company.
Employee advocacy can go a long way in amplifying the reach of your job posting on LinkedIn. Here are just some of the benefits:
- It can help boost organic visibility and engagement with your post
- Your employees will be able to reach prospective candidates with insider access and insight into the type of work they’d do
- It helps build credibility—people value genuine recommendations more highly than outside sources.
- It’s cost-effective—it takes no time or effort for people who are already familiar with your company and what it stands for
- It can help you save time and money on sourcing since employees may be able to refer their industry connections which might otherwise not have seen the job listing.
Ready to get employee advocacy involved? Start by letting key company employees know you would love them to share the job posting on their networks through direct messages or social media channels such as LinkedIn or Twitter.
Be sure also to let them know that it’s OK if they need help crafting short copy or images for their messages so they can get the word out faster and more effectively!
Now you know how to share a job posting on LinkedIn. It is an effective way to reach job seekers who may not be actively looking for jobs but may be interested in your company or the job opportunity if they see it posted.
It’s also a great way to connect with potential workers in your area or from remote locations.
You can easily create a post with your job description and a link to your job page.
Use the right words to describe the job and its requirements, add visuals to draw attention, and include a call-to-action to drive responses.
You can also use hashtags to make your post more discoverable and ensure you reach the right people.
Overall, sharing job postings on LinkedIn is a great way to reach a broad audience, and with a little extra effort, you can make sure your post stands out.